A Case of the Curiosities

Hmm, if only I could remove this thing...
Assignment: Practice patience & encouragement in the face of curiosity

Olivia has the healthiest case of curiosity I have ever seen.
In anyone, let alone a 6-month old babe.
Hubby and I are trying to avoid discouraging her natural sense of wonder combined with spicy determination, mostly by how we avoid negatively labeling her attributes.
'Nosy' becomes 'curious'.
Crazy?
Spirited.
Aggressive?
Determined.

I am an artist, an adventurer and true believer in being yourself no matter what.

Now the test is, do I have the courage to support these tendencies in the one I hold most dear?
When I take the time to see how these qualities have served me; the places I have been and things I have learned, there is no question. Part of good mothering is valuing your child for exactly who she is.

I just have to remind myself when her hand is in my cereal bowl while she screeches in my ear and bites my nose...
Curious.
Spirited.
Determined.
(I guess another part of good mothering is to offer an alternative to the nose-biting bit:)