Baby Steps

No stopping this baby!
Assignment: Learning that 'Baby Steps' are actually for parents

Olivia is learning to crawl; slowly but surely the day is near.
I watch as she props herself on hands and knees.
Rocks back and forth.
Eyes fixated ahead.
A milestone for the wee.

What a milestone for me!
I was just getting used to her rolling over!
Surely, she is further ahead and more prepared.
I am still soaking up Olivia while attempting to remain part of the wide world.
Not doing a proficient job of the latter.
She is intoxicating.

Yesterday a fellow mother mentioned very poignantly;
We bring children into our world but essentially they are introducing us to theirs.

Baby steps, Mama.
Take a breath and put one foot in front of the other...
(my husband is still trying to get me to leave the bedroom after she falls asleep!)