Is There a Farmer in the House?

The farmer picks a wife
(Cambodia, 2010. Seven weeks pregnant:)


The wife picks the child

Assignment: Honouring the farmer in the father

Dada grew up on a cattle farm.
He is a cow expert.
From the time we got pregnant, he could not help himself but to compare pregnancy, the natural birthing process and even nursing...with cows.

It became a running joke in our house, when I decided it was useless to take offense. Actually, his bovine comparisons were really no different than the books I was reading on childbirth!

Now as a father, the cow connoisseur is full force.
Cows do not actually say 'moo', but make a nasally groaning noise. I am being taught to perfect this sound, dare I substitute "moo" for the actual sound. It should be noted, Olivia cracks up when I make my best attempt:)

Then there is the 'animal game'.
Each day I divide Olivia's animals according to their habitat (farm, jungle, ocean) and hide a set for her to find on her house excursions.
I caught Dada setting up the game last week.
"Okay Olivia. Today's animals will be classed according to which ones you can eat."