L.O.V.E Day

Linen on cotton

Cheating heart!

Little bit of love is on it's way to Grandpadres back in the West.
We ditched the cards this year and made Valentine's bookmarks. We hear Gramps is reading more now that cottage reno's are complete and he has a little R&R time on his hands.

Now going into this easy peasy activity I had good intentions to use Olivia's mini fingerprints to make the center heart. However my DD had other intentions and as soon as I painted her fingertip red (giggle, giggle; she's ticklish on her fingertips!) she made a fist. We tried a few times but it always resulted in red everywhere, but on the linen!

Okay, so I cheated. I painted my baby finger and filled in the rest of the heart with a paintbrush.
And as I was doing this vowed I would not be the mom who takes over her science projects!