Soybeans are for Swimming

Soy Sea
Splendidly stacked soybeans
Sticky rice

Colourful bowls of fun!
This week, the lovely Mama of Olivia's all-time best buddies, gave us the heads up on the fun of soybeans. So today we added the versatile bean to our sensory box. Apparently soybeans are for swimming because Olivia literally dove in and started a doggy paddle! I was amazed at how they kept her afloat on their 'conveyor belt'! This hardy little bean packs a punch; truly fabulous for more than milk & tofu! When I tipped the tub to collect them at one end, they actually stacked neatly into a beaded carpet! Beautiful!

If soybeans are for swimming , than rice is for resisting! Olivia LOVED having little grains stick to her hands, so she could lick them off. What I was not able to recover, stayed firmly between her top and bottom teeth. For the entire afternoon, she would stand beneath me and look up, chewing away; reminding me that I had missed a piece and she was thoroughly enjoying it!