Spill the Beans

Household tools for a happy baby!

One by one!

Beans & Babe

I have been reluctant to spill the beans.
Olivia loves to put everything but food in her mouth, so I have avoided certain sensory play activities because I really hate hearing myself nagging (though my husband would tell you he doesn't think that is the case!)
But last week I caved and spilled the beans..finally.
As it turns out, I am glad I did.
Both Olivia and I enjoyed a solid twenty-minutes of playtime, not one of which she ate a single bean.

Up until this past weekend we only had a small tote, which she happily gets herself into with or without enticing! I poured the beans in the middle of her legs and they made a fabulous tinkling sound on the tote floor! Olivia LOVES noises and thinks everything is music! The child dances to the washing machine, pepper mill grinding and daddy scratching his hairy legs! From there on in, it was Bean Heaven, tinkering on tin bowls, slapping with silver spoons, pouring, sticking between toes, good, plain sensory fun for pennies!

There are so many inspirational mommies out there, finding easy ways to make the most of childs play. You can check out some amazing Sensory Box Ideas and other activities on The Imagination Tree & TinkerLab.