Happy BIRD Day

Howdy
Birds of a Feather

Two Little Blackbirds
Sitting on a wall,
One named (Peter)
One named (Paul)
Fly away Peter (hide Peter behind back)
Fly away Paul
Come back Peter (Pete returns!)
Come back Paul

The fingerplay "Two Little Blackbirds" was a go-to for my old kindergarten class. In between activities, I could occupy the students for ten minutes by substituting their names and pairing them with their friends. 

O is a big fan of fingerplays so I made fingerpuppets {courtesy of tutorial at Rhythm of the Home} as visuals to introduce the Blackbirds rhyme. However I failed to remember that all of our songs have to involve the word 'baby' or 'apple juice' these days!

I made two extra's and sewed them to blue cardstock for our favourite to-be 2-year old in Canada!
Hopefully he receives them in time for his big day!
HAPPY BIRD-DAY MR. M!
We miss you!