Play with your Food

Got Milk?

We're not a perfect family.
We don't sit at a dinner table and have all of our meals.
We don't sweat it if our daughter cannot mind her manners in public.
We don't always leave the house having hair (and sometimes teeth, sorry dentist!) brushed.
We play with our food (I can hear my mother gasp!)

Since O is still tiny enough to require heaps of attention, not much cooking and cleaning gets done on a day to day basis. I have tried a few tricks that I read about to hold her attention while I sneak in meal prep; offering a basket of new toys, playing with playdough, banging pots and pans, allowing safe 'cupboard' exploration and tupperware (need I say more?). None have the lasting effect I need to put together a dish.

So I resorted to playing with food and I will never look back!
Pepper rings become bracelets. Corn on the cob is lovely for little motor skills. Shelling peas affords me about ten whole minutes. Little fingerfulls of samples like sesame seeds, coconut shreds & cinnamon keep her busy and interested in what surprise will next tantalize her tastebuds! She can eat everything offered, so there is no harm in letting her play and she willingly cleans up the mess via licking!