Felt Board

 Blank Canvas
Story Board

O has a regular bunch of toys that are always available.
Then we have totes full of Waldorf & Montessori-inspired activities that get rotated in our basket market DISCOVERY.

When I am not rushing through the day, I remember to put something new and interesting into the basket for O to take a look at. Last week, I introduced this Medieval-themed felt board a former student gave me.  O LOVED that it was introduced on an art easel like a blank canvas (though the art easel quickly turned into a cane for a game of 'Sonny Boy!' so we had to roll with that!)

When O noticed how I was placing the knights on the board and giving them 'character' she jumped right in! The first thing she did was take the long sword and declared it a 'shot'! So Medieval Times turned into Doctors Office!
And this is how it goes with the basket of DISCOVERY!