Big Box of Happiness

O with "Baby Sarah"-All the way from Michigan

'Tis the season to get mail;)
Between O's December birthday and Christmas weeks later, this is our jackpot month, not in the sense of 'getting stuff', but the happiness that hearing from your friends & family brings. I love mail, like a little old lady who waits for the postman! I could receive an empty box and be thrilled someone was thinking of me!

Today we received what I refer to as a Big Box of Happiness from a friend in Ireland. We met over a decade ago as fellow nanny's in Denmark and have not seen each other since, but keep our friendship in tact through letters and phone calls. Among the treasures she sent, was a carefully crafted Christmas ornament made by her and her daughter and a ten-page long letter I waited for all year long;) 
That letter is more precious to me than gold! 
Adam and O found me so absorbed; laughing, smiling and crying I was oblivious to their presence!
Until O started singing "Happy Birthday to Nipple!"
Child knows what makes me laugh!

O is so familiar with the Post Office, I can't be certain these were not her first words! We had to assure her that is where Santa is delivering this year, due to her uncertainties of why the strange bearded man would come to her home after she falls asleep!
You should see the child's eye's light up when the mailman arrives at the door! 
Almost more than she can handle!

If everyone received a loving piece of mail every day of the year, the world would be a happier place. 
I am sure of it.
Is there anything that says love like good old-fashioned Snail Mail?