Handmade Holiday: Doll House To Go

Traveling Doll House

Take a look at this Mama's talent!
Her work is adorable! 
She has multiple versions; mixing and matching the material.

Personally, I never make this doll house again. I had hoped to create a few extra for friends daughters, but that, I am afraid is not happening.

First, I need a few actual sewing lessons. 
Adam is tired of hearing the sewing machine crank away and my choice words that follow. I used a heavy felt liner for this project not appropriate for my little machine.
Second, it looks like a humble abode, but it was tedious business!
Third, I did not follow Charlaanne's pattern and instead concocted my own cock-a-meemie creation.

But it is the thought that counts. And O loves imaginary play!
She has already tested all the clasps and had the little felt people co-sleeping. 
Since there is a boy and girl doll, her father is none too thrilled!


 Centerfold

I opted for non-girlie colours of lime, blue & yellow.
The blankie is sewn down the left side only, so the dolls can hide under. The pillow is also permanently attached, to prevent missing pieces.
In place of a dresser, one of O's choice reads, "Where is Spot?" inspired the wardrobe which opens. 
The drawers below is constructed as one pocket to store doll clothes (which I have yet to attempt!)

 Wardrobe & Bunting

Backyard View

Some burlap served well as a laundry basket, sewn pocket-style like the dresser drawers to store socks and undies. Thought it would add an extra element to include a clothes line with mini clothespins; help along some fine motor skills. 

Intended for travel, this doll house is fully mobile and suitcase packable!
Kudo's to Charlaanne! Ingenious!

EXPAND ON DOLL HOUSES