Puzzle Play

Purple Puzzle Pieces

Santa brought O a great set of puzzles. 
The other day I found her working with the "difficult" alphabet one.
I noticed she had removed all the purple letters!
Then she took the "I" and called it a "dog bone"!


"Same. Same!"

 Adam found her examining the "M" and "W" after which she told him, "Same. Same!"

Letter Tower (Sheep on Top!)

O was very clear that the alphabet puzzle is definitely "difficult", but we were fascinated with her variations on how to use it. Today, her and I built a Letter Tower using the pieces and "Sheep" climbed on top.

 Insects
Animals

The insect and animal puzzles are simple for her.
She takes a turn and then announces it is my turn.
She loves correcting me when I put them in the wrong place!

 Shapes
Numbers

The last two puzzles present a few more challenges for her than the animals and insects. She has yet to rate these one's "difficult" but she asks several times for help. The colour coding really guides her along when she cannot figure out the shape match.

 C is for Crocodile
 L is for Lion
My favourite photographer

EXPAND ON PUZZLE PLAY
Make Your Own. An easy peasy Busy Bag idea; take a photo or magazine picture and cut it into several pieces. The smaller the child, the simpler the picture and fewer the pieces. Toss a few in separate bags and take it to the doctors appointment or airplane ride. If your child is older, toss several into the same bag for an added challenge!