Straw Beads

 Colourful Straw Beads

Last weekend I snuck out for an hour and braved Yu Gardens craft building.
If you are in Shanghai and have a crafting obsession, do not miss this chaotic building!

Thanks to Nurture Store's weekly activities, I found a less-than-a-dollar craft for O and I to try out this week. All it requires is a colourful bag of straws and a shoelace.


Shoelaces are key for little fingers.
The firm, taped end allows for a sure fit for stringing and avoids the frustration a regular piece of string might cause.
A while back, we started with pipe cleaners, which stay put while your child tries to string things through and our recent upgrade to shoelaces was good timing. O could manage.


I scored with a box of wooden alphabet beads that came with colourful laces.



And O took apart her necklaces before I could get a picture! So we strung her name on a purple lace!