Frugal Living: Mothering.com

Make-Your-Own Fun

The bigger the city, the more enticing the advertising, the more products we feel we cannot live without.

Before we had O, we didn't stock up on baby stuff, we didn't have a registry or a baby shower and I told myself over and over; this baby will not have every material possession under the sun. 
I begged family to buy her a book for special days or send best wishes.

Then baby came.
There are so many amazing toys and activities on the market.
It is tempting not to find a way to buy them all.
And if you live in China, Taobao can seem like your best friend, but become your worst enemy!

We have loaded her up with more than I initially intended. But, I would say half of the 'stuff' on our Wish Lists, we devised a way to make ourselves and now they are precious pieces in our home.

Mothering.com is a fabulous site and a definite go-to for Attachment Parenting & Gentle Living.
The article I read yesterday was a good swift, kick-in-the-butt, that kids, in fact entire families, are better off not keeping up with the Joneses.

Read and be inspired;)