Finger Puppet Play

 Self-Portrait
This is me.
This is what O thinks of me!
Out of all the finger puppets we have collected, she prefers that I use this Hallowe'en Monster Puppet to be Mommy!

O loves talking about the doctors. She is obsessed about giving 'shots' and we have to replay this scenario over and over with her dolls and puppets. 
Nurse wants to give O (ballerina!?) a shot.
O says "no."
Mommy says, "I'll hold your hand and afterwards we'll get apple juice."
O braces herself and off we go for juice.
Again and again!
O & Nurse

Sometimes I slip in a new scenario. 
It is useful to use situations that arise each day that bring her anxiety or joy. She really pays close attention and I can alter the original situation and create a new ending...offering alternatives to what has happened and how we can deal next time.

 O & Ghost 

Ghost 'having milk' from Nurse

O also adds her own scenario's. Such as above!
She also thinks grandpa gets milk from grandma, so we have some clarifying to do!