Beautiful Baby Wyatt: Little Manly Play Kitchen

 Beautiful Baby Wyatt & his Mommy

Without seeking signed parental permission, I am taking the leap & posting a picture of my new nephew, Baby Wyatt. Not only is he absolutely adorable, he is even cuddlier than he looks!

My sister asked, previous to having children, if she could inherit the toys my husband and I have made for O & siblings. Instead, we custom-designed a Boys Play Kitchen, just for Wyatt...(& his siblings!)

 Turquoise & Lemon

The fabric is a stretchy denim in turquoise & lemon, used for the curtains & aprons. No frills, just straight sewing.


 Knobs & Handles

Knobs & handles are nickel-plated BASTIG collection from IKEA, instead of the white porcelain we used for O. The BASTIG collection is not only trendy, but hearty and easy for little hands to grab hold.

The faucet was a cottage contribution from my father and proud grandpa. I was searching for a small enough faucet that did not break the bank, so this one fit the bill.
My husband patiently cut the wood, drilled the holes (including the hole for the silver bowl sink), prepped the oven doors and put it all together.

We bought the stainless steel childrens DUKTIG pot set from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00130167/ and a small crate of wooden veggies to start Wyatt's culinary collection. 


A small chalkboard is attached to one end of the kitchen, while two extra knobs for tea towels are attached to the other.