Bun in the Oven & Big Sister Prep

 
 Jasmine Belly

Finally!!
After waiting 6 long months to make the announcement to Grandma's, we can share our good news!


This pregnancy it is not just fabulous news for us, but also for O who is being promoted to "Big Sister".
I can use the word 'promotion' because I have first hand experience in the Big Sis department...and it is definitely a gift from your parents (sometimes in disguise!)

The up-turned corners of the mouth & half-smudged chalkboard

O was the first to figure it out, actually.
When we took a positive test on New Year's Day, my husband and I stayed giddy and quiet.
At 6pm, O announced on her own, "Six o'clock. Baby in mommy's tummy!"
From then on, the preparations have begun!

Embracing

We are trying our best to keep life as normal as possible, but truth is, we are damn excited!
If this wait feels long to an expecting mother, I can only imagine that it feels like a lifetime to a waiting toddler!
O attends all of my prenatal appointments, has acquainted herself with the midwife nurses (who readily hand her a juice box when we arrive!) and tells me that my outie is the baby's protruding nose!

She loves when I tell the baby what Big Sister is doing or when we are 'snugging' and baby kicks her!
She watches birth video's like a medical intern and waits for our playdates to pretend she is giving birth on the living room floor!

It is definitely not the experience I had when pregnant with O; when the house was relatively quiet and uneventful! But it is a refreshing exercise in parenting to have her be a part of this miracle.