Magnet Map & Math

 Oh Canada!

The magnificent Megan from 'My Kind of Makeover', posted a simple puzzle project on Pinterest. http://mykindofmakeover.blogspot.com/2011/07/magnetic-puzzles.html
I scoured through some totes to find a dollar store puzzle we bought years ago. 
Fittingly, it is just in time for Canada Day celebrations.

 Dividing into six

One hundred pieces was going to prove too difficult for O. So I completed the puzzle myself, then divided the sections into 6-piece segments. (The bottom row turned out to be 8-piece segments.)

 Six & Eight-Piece Sections

Then, I adhered a piece of card paper to the backs with hot glue, keeping the six pieces together. The magnets were cut from a large fridge magnet, whose sticker was peeling off.

Backsides

Now, not only do we have a lesson in math (dividing pieces & puzzle work), but a lesson in geography as well!