Indoor Badminton

 Hanging Birdie

We visited friends the other day who had the most ingenious set-up in their playroom: indoor badminton!
They hung the birdie from the ceiling and provided her boys with child-sized rackets. The kids loved it and they were actually very good at it too!

We happened to have an old badminton set hanging in the closet.
It was stored and has remained there since before O's birth, when my husband and I thought it would be fun to take up a new sport together. The first time we took it outside, a group of three boys literally grabbed the rackets from us and told us we were no good. (that will teach us to try our hand at badminton in the Badminton Capital of the World!)
In the closet the rackets have remained!

 Trial Run

I was a bit nervous about where to hang the birdie.
So many potential things to damage by a flying racket!
But Daddy rigged up a spot in O's 'classroom' (as she calls it) and it was very successful.
She mostly used her hands or another birdie to swat at it, but eventually tried the racket and told me,
"Mom, I am very good at this!"

..and again my toddler has taught me a lesson; confidence is half the battle.