Vegan Bites: Cauliflower & Rice

Spiced Up 'Flower

Not generally big on cauliflower, I gave this dish a go, two Hallowe'en's ago when our friends shared it at our picnic. Even dear old Dabby who is not big on veg at all, gave it a try.
Both of us loved it!
I begged said friend for her recipe and I've made it many times since.
Dabby won't eat my version, but O and I can finish it between us!

N's Cauliflower & Rice
~1/2t cumin seed
~4T grated garlic & ginger
2-3 fresh chili’s
~2-4 cloves
~1 cauliflower
~1/2 onion
~1 tomato
~1 & 1/2 c Basmati rice
~1t tamarind powder
~2t chilli
~1/2t garam masala
~2-4t salt
~lemon & cilantro
Brown seeds in hot oil. Add garlic, ginger, chilli & cloves. Add onion & cauliflower. Add tomatoes & rice. Add spices & 3 large glasses of water. Boil. Simmer. Garnish.


Tamarind Concentrate

My mom and sis were kind enough to find and bring this to China. 
Without it, the dish is just not the same.