Valentine "Cookies"

Felt Cookies

Do what you love and your kids will be learning too.
The teachings of John Holt recognize that children naturally love learning from people who are passionate about their work and hobbies. 
Get involved with your passions.
They don't have to be your child's interests, but children are always interested in adult's work.
Loads of lessons and learning opportunities come from 'apprenticeship'.
Even if the apprenticeship only lasts five minutes and all the child learned was, they never want to take up that hobby!

We brought out the felt.
I am aching to do a project and my eyes wander in the direction of my fabrics and paints all day;)
So I turned on some mellow music (very helpful when including small people in projects!) and we got to it.

I mentioned to Olivia that I was going to make Valentine cookies and she disappeared.
A minute later she returned with food colouring.
She assumed there would be icing involved!