Daily Doodle: Trial Run

Red Handed

A month back, I met with a designer here in Shanghai. http://www.theorangeblowfish.com/
My intention was to pick his brain for idea's regarding my business card, but instead he gave me an Artist Pep Talk that left me feeling eager to get back to the brushes.

One tip he said he follows daily, is taking 30 minutes to draw.
I cannot remember the last time I took 30 minutes to draw and I couldn't think of how I would prioritize that nowadays when sometimes I don't delegate time to pee!

So, why not include the kiddies on that 30 minutes?
Other bloggers and homeschoolers out there are doing daily journaling, so we could certainly make a journal out of art.
We're opting to call it the Daily Doodle, since doodling doesn't seem as intimidating as 'drawing'.
Even Baby C makes doodles with her drool!

O started by colouring her hands. 
This is pretty standard for her. 
When mediums arrive, she uses her body to express herself!

I started drawing with markers on giant butcher paper.
Eventually, she came over and started dictating what I should add to my work.
It was an interesting collaboration that she ended up taking over.

Daily Doodle: Day One

O: "Mama, who is that baby?"
M: "Whomever you want it to be."
O: "Okay. It's me. Where are my arms?"
M: "Behind your back." (I don't like drawing arms/hands!)
O: "I'll draw them." (she proceeded to draw very long, purple arm on herself!)
O: "I want a necklace." (the red circle around her head)
O: "You draw Grandma & Grandpa." (Mama & Daddy were already on the other side of her, not pictured.) 
O: "Grandma has glasses. What is that, a bib? Draw her t-shirt longer. Give Grandpa a long t-shirt and red leotards. (she then wrote their names alongside their bodies.)

Maybe not a full 30 minutes, but a good start for Day One!