Elf on the Shelf: Day One
Elfie in the Marmelade
Elf on the Shelf, Day One.
We were gifted the Classic (Girl version) of Elf on the Shelf, by my dear old Aunt.
Opting not to go the 'naughty vs nice' Spy route, we ditched the accompanying story and are keeping to the mischievous hiding elf with a surprise.
I had 24 advent activity cards prepped without a place to prop, so the Elf was the perfect addition to our daily December traditions.
I sewed a little felt envelope, small enough to tuck in her arms and hold the card-of-the-day (bake cookies, play carols, cut down Christmas tree, mail cards, visit a friend etc.)
I sewed a little felt envelope, small enough to tuck in her arms and hold the card-of-the-day (bake cookies, play carols, cut down Christmas tree, mail cards, visit a friend etc.)
Many families are opting out of the 'Santa's Spy' theme and going with the 'Elf of Kindness' theme http://theimaginationtree.com/2013/11/alternative-elf-on-shelf-tradition-kindness-elf-kindness-elves.html
A bit less creepy, and more in tune with holiday spirit.
Dum Dum Ditty! Jam
We were up early choosing what kind of mischief Elfie could get into for her 'Big Intro' morning.
Daddy decided she should get into the jam jar.
Dum Dum Ditty! JAM!
(I think this is a 'Dumb & Dumber' reference.
Shamefully, it has been engrained in my head by my gorgeous husband!)
Dum Dum Ditty! JAM!
(I think this is a 'Dumb & Dumber' reference.
Shamefully, it has been engrained in my head by my gorgeous husband!)
Oh. A new baby!
Nursing Elfie
I curse you, Red Jam Smuggler!
These (above & below) pictures sum it up and make me laugh every time I look at them!
I see her thinking, "What the french is that Elf doing in my jam?!"
What the french is that Elf doing in my jam jar?
However, O's mood lightened when she discovered that Elfie's envelope contained the following activity,
"Start Chocolate Advent Calendar"
Sentenced
(Until she finds something to get into tomorrow morning!)
Let the games begin!
EXPAND ON ELF ON THE SHELF
Mischief-Making. I love the trends online regarding the mischief moms and dads make Elf get into. It sounds as if the parents are having as much fun planning as the kids are discovering the Elf every morning!
NOTE: You might want to search for "Family-Friendly" Idea's, as the internet is a wide world!
http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/11/20/75-family-friendly-elf-on-the-shelf-ideas/
Look at these too! http://www.iheartnaptime.net/elf-shelf-ideas/?crlt.pid=camp.juSOgeIMFF8R