Busy Bag: Memory


Shanghai had no shortage of fabric at every block.
Random pieces of cotton from seamstresses shops or giant fabric warehouses, were not difficult to collect!
I used up a lot of ends to make Busy Bags, as they take two minutes to sew, even for a novice and come in very handy. An elastic opening creates easy-access for O.
Busy Bags can be filled with little games, activities, crafts, worksheets..practically anything since the surprise of opening a random bag will draw attention! 


Though I have a hard time sitting for 'board games', I do recall a love of Memory.
We've played other versions of Memory (Memory Tray http://mamadrool.blogspot.ca/2014/08/memory-tray.html Memory Basket http://mamadrool.blogspot.ca/2013/10/memory.html Sensory Patch Memory http://mamadrool.blogspot.ca/2012/06/sensory-patches-memory-game.html), but this one is a second-hand version I picked up in Shanghai.
Memory always served as a great game in the ESL classroom to enhance vocabulary.


We started by looking at the pieces right-side-up and putting matches in piles.
Then we selected six sets that we wanted to play with.
After scrambling them up and facing them down, we tried our first round.
Once O got the hang of the game, we continued to add sets each round.