Daily Doodle: Mirrors
Mirror, Mirror
I'm always looking for interesting prompts for our Daily Doodle, so this is a no-brainer (thanks, Rachelle!)
Reflection of the Sun
We had just finished reading 'The Way to Start a Day' by Byrd Baylor, which is about appreciating the sun and light of a new day.
O told me she saw the 'sun' in the mirror.
It could have been her drawing of the sun displayed that could be seen in the mirror, the reflection of light coming through the window or otherwise, but I didn't ask. She had already settled into work.
I followed suit, and made my own version of a setting sun, inspired by Peter Parnall's illustrations from the book.
Peter Parnall's Setting Sun
I was intrigued to see O choose black for her sun, starting with heavy circles and then spraying out rays.
She continued onto two more pieces of paper, using purple for the second and red for the third.
All three were similar compositions; circles and rays.
Red Sun
Then she set to work creating envelopes out of her work.
She started licking the envelopes and when she discovered they were not going to stick, requested some glue!
She completed her three envelopes by folding up the ends and encasing coins she found in our bus money jar! When Daddy returned home for dinner, she gifted us with the envelopes (and returned cash!)