Daily Doodle: Tissue Paper Pulp
"Little O"
Friday's Sketchbook prompt happened to be 'tissue paper' so I took advantage of a post I've been perusing to introduce Paper Pulp Painting http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.ca/2012/07/tissue-paper-pulp-painting-or-making.html#.VN8apyw48SV
We had some old canvas boards (the unframed kind) lying around and loads of tissue paper for gift wrap, so the supplies were readily available. We opted to sketch a little drawing on the canvas board to give us a perimeter for our work.
O chose to draw an 'O', of course.
Next, we ripped off teeny tiny bits of tissue paper, dunked it in water and squished it onto the canvas board.
We talked about how paper has small fibers and tissue paper is even more delicate than most. The purpose was the leave our work out a few days for it to dry into Paper Art.
M: "In the summertime, we'll learn to make paper."
O: "We're making paper NOW!"
True.
O: "You have to squish the juice out."
Then I began writing O's quips on a scrap piece of paper to remember them.
O asked for a piece of paper and pencil of her own.
She started documenting my quips!
M: "What are you writing down?"
O: "What YOU say, (as she repeated,) 'Charlotte will wake up if you do that' "
O started writing again.
M: "What did I say now?"
O: (repeats as she writes) "What did I say now?"
M: (laughing)
O: (writes) "Mama laughed."