Vegan Bites: Lentil Cauliflower Soup


Smelling this soup, I did not have high hopes.

I love Oh She Glows recipes http://ohsheglows.com/.
It's never your typical vegan fare.
Most recipes could fool your whole-hearted carnivore.
I frequent the site and recently took Angela L's book out of the library.
But this soup did not smell good; onion and cauliflower don't get me excited.

However, it was absolutely fantastic.
I added a few snips of spinach to my bowl (though O & C avoid greens) but both babes ate up their greenless bowls too.
Bonus: it takes only a few minutes to prepare and less than half an hour before you can serve it!

Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup
~coconut oil
~1 onion, chopped
~1-2 cloves garlic
~1 T fresh ginger juice
~1t coriander
~1/2 t tumeric
~salt & pepper
~1/4 t cinnamon
~1 t cumin
Saute garlic, onion, ginger juice and spices.
Add...
~head of cauliflower (florets)
~1 cup red lentils
~6 cups broth
~2 potatoes,  cubed
Simmer until veggies are tender.