Alexander Calder: Inspire with Wire

 Calder-Inspired Wire

Art Bar featured this fascinating art project made with wire http://www.artbarblog.com/create/artist-study-kids-alexander-calder/
One picture and I was in!
O brought each of us a hat to wear (I assumed we were getting into character? but apparently we were prepping for a trip!)

Sometimes (okay, often!) I fail to read posts entirely, I just scan all the pictures to key me into the prospects of the project.
Luckily, I read this one through, as at the end, it mentions that they offered pipe cleaners to their younger artists. Clever (since I almost poked my own eye out with 24 gauge!!)

 Not ears, but hands on hips!

While I presented O with several colours of pipe cleaners and discussed facial features and attaching them to the sides of the circular coat hanger, I got busy alongside her with 24 gauge; very easy to manipulate (or poke out your eye.)
O was intensely studying her work!


I loved every step of this process.
O really got into it and spent an hour creating and adjusting.
We included washi tape I bought in Shanghai and have been looking for an excuse to use! https://ca.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV2unFhJV_QwAWOLrFAx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-406&va=washi+tape

I was in character yelling out, 'Magnifique! We were born to create!!"
"No mom." O matter-of-factly corrected me, "We were born to love."
Ha!!
Then I heard her call out, 'Magnifique!!'

Then Baby C woke up.

She came poking over the tabletop, examining the premises and sniffing around the work we were doing without her.


She wasn't upset.
She just needed to be included.


I had taken Alexander ('Sandy') Calder's book out of the library.
His mobiles reminded me of some of the modern pieces that are popular in nurseries these days.
His wire art was impressive, so we took a look!

 Wire Art
 Moving Miniature Mobile

Baby C was drawn to one photo in particular.