Spaghetti Weave


When I saw this weaving project, I had Baby C in mind.
http://www.learningandexploringthroughplay.com/2015/02/pom-pom-drop.html
It's a simple set-up of spaghetti, a colander and a pom pom or two.



Baby C set to work straight away, feeding the spaghetti through the holes, then proceeded to break the spaghetti into pieces and eat it;)
What is childhood for, if not feasting on raw spaghetti!?


Little did I know, O would take such interest in this activity.
She became frustrated with the breaking of materials.
She worked hard to engineer her colander in order to keep pom poms from slipping through.


Eventually she asked for her own colander and full lengths of raw spaghetti!


She was thrilled when I started dropping pom poms on her work and they didn't fall through.
She continued to set up art installations of pom poms resting on strategically placed pasta.


Then she presented me with a weave pattern and insisted we keep it...until dinnertime.