Clothespeg Spelling


O's hungry for words.
She copies them from books.
She's constantly asking us how to spell words.
We're constantly writing sentences she dictates onto one of the chalkboards.
When I found this clothes peg project on 'How We Learn' I got right to work making a Busy Bag for $0.75! http://www.howweelearn.com/learn-to-read-quiet-bins/


You could easily write the Dolch Sight Words (from one of the various lists they have split into levels of learning).
Instead we decided to write some of the two, three and four letter words that O asks about frequently.
Sticking to the childs high interest, not adult intentions.

I included the upper case letter on one side of the peg and it's lower case equivalent on the reverse.
We had enough clothes pegs for nearly two rounds of the alphabet, but it has ended up being more confusing, since 52 pegs have to get sorted (26 would have sufficed.)

And I have not seen the set since I handed it over!