Crown of Leaves



La Principessa

When I suggested we head to the park to make crowns, O was immediately on board and heading out the door! 
Rather than this 'au natural' tutorial http://www.clickinmoms.com/blog/diy-how-to-make-a-crown-of-leaves-tutorial-by-lori-frederick/ I used a strip of cereal box cut into a band and brought our mini stapler with us to attach the leaves.

I did not, however, bring my bulky camera and in hindsight, I regret it.
It's unseasonably warm for an Ontario November and the parks are absolutely stunning. 
Between the bright yellow foliage, blue sky and warm sunlight, these would have made for studio portraits. 
Instead, we posed for very 'un-candid' pictures in our yard.

O's Traditional Princess Pose

On our walk home, O proudly sported her royal attire.
Every passerby stopped us to ask where she made her crown,
"Oh that's beautiful! Did you make that at daycare?"
"I thought that was a real crown! Do they make those at school?"

No, just your local park.
A cereal box, stapler and a few of natures pretty leaves.

EXPAND ON CROWNS
Fairy Crown. Combine symmetry and paper-cut for this beautiful crown. https://liagriffith.com/diy-fairy-paper-crown/