Math Monday: Paper Chain Challenge



Our original task was to use one sheet of paper to create the longest paper chain possible.
We broke this down into two levels:
Three year old: cut along line and tape strips into ring to form paper chain
Six year old: use your judgement how to cut piece of paper to form longest chain possible, then measure.


Ms. O free-handed the strips as thinly as possible.


Ms. C surprised me with her ability to form a chain with no assistance.


Ms. O ended up with a 117inch chain, which works out to over 9 feet long!

We extended this lesson by linking it (haha!) to our theme of kindness.
We discussed ways in which people have demonstrated kindness.
Not once, were gifts mentioned, instead it was all sweet gestures friends have made.

"The time Ms. E helped me up when I was hurt."
"Ms. A worked with me to make a nest."
"My sister helped me pull weeds"
"My sister helped me wash buckets."