Mini Makers Market
Mini Makers Market was born from the Guelph Street Art Festival we attended this summer. The Childrens Art Factory hammered together a dozen or more wooden booths for kids to sell their wares, separate from the adults arts and handiworks.
Awesome and inspiring!
Miss O is always chatting about selling her work, so a few months back we invited fellow homeschoolers to join us for a morning at our local market.
Then Miss O got to business.
1) Decide on product. http://www.madeeveryday.com/2008/07/tutorial-a-simple-skirt.html/
2) Buy supplies
3) Work out the math
4) Cut fabric
As it turns out, the first job was exhausting.
She decided to postpone further efforts over a course of several days.
I remember the feeling as a kid actually making something 'real', useful and resembling the actual thing.
You could see that feeling come out of Miss O's eyeballs as she was threading the elastic through the skirt waist, followed by the statement,
"Well, chef's have to taste the food, so I have to try on this skirt!"
Miss C's Dolly Skirt
"I was going to sell these, but now I got falling in love with them."
Miss O has a traditional Chinese Artists stamp with her name in characters.
We used these for price/size tags.
To market, to market!