Word & Wander Wednesday: Story Walk
Last year I read about communities that were participating in Story Walks. Local libraries, schools and community groups were disecting books and placing pages in order on a path, to be read as you walk along.
https://natureintoaction.com/2014/05/09/take-a-story-walk/
Brilliant!
We set ours up quite simply.
I took apart a book and placed the pages in numbered page protectors.
Since the story (Big Bear Hug by Nicholas Oldland) is set in the woods, I pinned the pages in our mini Maple forest.
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/big-bear-hug/9781554534647-item.html?ikwid=big+bear+hug&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0
It's a little game in Story Sequencing (though the page numbers guided them along).
They had to do a little criss-crossing the find the consecutive pages...
..and hold the pages still on Windy Acres!
Finish up your Story Walk with the Okey Dokey Brothers!
Too sweet!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO5pH7E_A1M
EXPAND ON A STORY WALK
Add a Map. Essentially Geocaching for Stories! Check out this awesome Aspen Library!
https://pitcolib.org/storywalk
Community Fun. Consider this Litter-ature and pin the pages on street posts!