Vegan Bites: Potato Perogies

 Perogies & Dill
with a side of Coconut Yogurt
 
The last of this years potatoes are being harvested.
Despite my better judgement, I searched and set up the table for our first (and last) Perogie challenge.
Of any of the Vegan Bites we attempt around here, very little fare is as involved as the following.
 https://plantifullybasedblog.com/2018/12/20/vegan-pierogie/


Although I would be hard pressed to try these again, I will note that the dough is the trickiest bit.
It reminded me of making dumplings in China.
It needs to be elastic but not sticky. Very tricky!
Plus an expert on hand, would be handy!


The kids however, took on this task without a complaint.
They enjoyed figuring out how to find success with the dough, kneading and adding water as they saw fit.
They loved boiling and mashing the filling, sampling the flavour to their taste.
Most of all, they were intrigued that the dumplings floated to the top of boiling water once they were ready for a quick dip in coconut oil.

When I noted how persistent and positive they were for such a challenging task, Miss O assured me that in the case of food prep, they are always motivated to work hard for the results.