Interview with Dad: Nesting Boxes


Interviewer1: What kinds of workworking projects have you done in the past?
Dad: Bird houses.
I2: Is this your first time making nesting boxes?
D: Yes.
I1: Can you make a aone-size-fits-all nesting box?
D: No.
I2: What supplies do you need?
D: Wood, nails, saw and loving children
I1: Where did you find the instructions?
D: From Cornell University. https://www.birds.cornell.edu/k12/educators-guide-to-nest-boxes/
I2: Which tasks did you complete and which ones did your kids help with?
D: They helped with all the jobs.
I1: What ages would you say are able to help with this project?
D: Three +
I2: Did you place the boxes in a special location?
D: Not really. In a tree.
I1: Have you seen any birds fly in and out?
D: No.
I2: Would you sell these kits to other families?
D: Yes.
I1: Thank you for doing this project and interview with us!



This is the first we've witnessed the Mourning Dove nesting.