Eleven

 



To my daughter, who literally would never hurt a fly

Who has the biggest heart of any human I 've met in my lifetime.

You are eleven.


Your birthday never passes by without the humbling reminder that you fought to stay here with us and how utterly different my life would be if your 'birth' day had gone any other way.


You laugh.

I love watching you be amused by someone's antics. You find humour within the little creases in life.


You love. 

Every, single breathing living creature as if you brought it to Earth yourself.


You create.

Little sketches are tucked in books on the shelf where you last looked for inspiration, 'scattered' all over the dining room table on a daily basis and heaped in all corners and crannies of your bedroom.


I fear I'm too simple of a human to love you to the capacity that you deserve.


You hug.

Repeatedly. Obsessively. Every time as if it could be the last.


Just when I think your heart could burst, it grows bigger and makes more room..

every moment..

every day...

each passing year.


You inspire me.