Woodworking: Trough Teeter-totter

 


Last year, one of my daughters found a tree bark trough in the forest. She was kind enough to share it with me for a project I had put on the back burner: Trough Teeter-totters!

My eldest daughter is at the point in woodworking, where you can give her your vision and she's off and designing. It's amazing! These used to be projects that I had waiting for my attention on a long list, now I can assign them to her and call it STEM.


She managed three in total, over the course of a morning (it would have taken me weeks!). She designed the base to be triangular, made them in three sizes (S, M & L) and attached a bracket to the uppermost ledge of the troughs, to give extra room for subjects passing through (i.e. mini race cars.)

They look amazing and they are ready for sensory play!